The focus of the firm is on the following areas, where it simultaneously provides consulting services and defends the interests of its clients before cantonal and federal courts.
- Representing clients in civil proceedings, public law proceedings and criminal proceedings both at the cantonal and federal level, including the Swiss Federal Supreme Court.
- Advising clients on how to avoid proceedings as part of risk management and compliance.
- Preparing for litigation, in particular fact finding, and defining a litigation strategy
- Representing clients in all stages of actual proceedings, from preliminary relief through enforcement proceedings
The Firm is particularly active in the following areas
- Disputes in banking matters between banks / investment firms / investors
- Disputes in real estate and construction matters between promotors / architects / cantonal authorities/owners.
- Disputes between commercial partners
- Disputes between employers and employees
- Disputes between lessors and lessees
- Data protection issues
- Unfair competition
- Assisting private clients with comprehensive and expert advice on wealth planning and succession issues
- Advising foreign investors on protecting their business interests in Switzerland
- Asset planning in relation to the purchase, possession, and sale of property
- Providing legal advice for family businesses
- Coordinating and monitoring hand-tailored solutions in co-operation with private banks and asset management boutiques
- Consulting and assistance in relation to transferring domicile to Switzerland
- Applying for and obtaining residency and establishment permits
- Naturalization procedures
- Consulting and assistance within philanthropic projects
- Consulting and assistance for participants in the art market (dealers, gallery owners, collectors, artists, cultural associations) in all areas of the law connected with the creation, display, reproduction, commerce, purchase, and ownership of art
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements between participants in the art market
- Settlement of claims and representation before the courts
We represent our clients before cantonal and federal courts. Our main fields of expertise are the following:
- Consulting and assistance to corporations and directors within criminal procedures;
- Consulting and assistance within financial infringements, committed in the context of investments, financial transactions, asset management or financial crime;
- Consulting and assistance in criminal procedures with international connections such as money laundering and bribery;
- Supporting within requests of mutual assistance in criminal or administrative matters filed by foreign States, especially in the context of freezing of banks accounts and request for documents.
- Assistance in extradition procedures;
- Consulting and assistance within criminal procedures in connection with protection of financial markets (insider trading and market manipulation);
- Drafting of compliance programs, especially in the field of money laundering and bribery ;
- Assistance in procedures within implementation of international sanctions (Embargo Act);
- Assistance with respect to tracing of misappropriated assets.
- Representation of clients from the world of sport before the ordinary courts or before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing of agreements in the Sports Domain (employment, sponsoring, etc)
- Assistance with the setting up of a company and advice on the choice of the structure and on the drafting of the legal corporate documentation (articles of association, shareholders’ agreement, organisational rules, tailor-made corporate governance, participation plan, etc.);
- Day-to-day legal support, such as preparation of the shareholders and board meetings, amendment to the articles of association, increase and decrease of the share-capital as well as filing with the register of commerce;
- Drafting of the commercial agreements between the company, the board and third parties (employment agreement, advisory board agreement, participation plan, distribution agreement, agency agreement, brokerage agreement, license agreement, etc.);
- Assistance and representation in litigation and arbitration related to corporate matters, especially with respect to the civil and criminal liability of the board members.
- Assistance with respect to M&A transactions (from the buyer and the seller perspective) by way of debt or equity financing (LBO/MBO);
- Performance of legal due diligence on behalf of the seller or the buyer;
- Drafting and negotiation of the contractual documentation relating to M&A transactions (non-disclosure agreement, term sheet, share purchase agreement, asset purchase agreement, escrow agreement, etc.);
- Assistance to our client throughout the transaction up to the closing;
- Assistance and representation in litigation and arbitration related to M&A transactions.
- Legal assistance and advice to the founders of startup on the development of their company;
- Performance of legal due diligence;
- Drafting and negotiation of the commercial agreements for entrepreneurs and business entities related to private equity and debt financing transactions (term sheet, investment agreement, shareholders’ agreement, convertible loan agreement, subordinated loan, pledge agreement, credit facility agreement, all types of security agreements, etc.);
- Assistance to founders (shareholders) and investors throughout the transaction up to the closing.
Our Firm has strong and broad expertise in the following fields:
Mergers & Acquisitions
Financing and investment (Private Equity/Venture Capital)